Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    jo15765 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Default "Design" View Of A Form

    I am trying to follow this tutorial on creating Java Forms https://examples.javacodegeeks.com/d...-form-example/ - however I do not get a "Design View" when I create the project. AM I missing the obvious, are there steps omitted? What's the deal?
    Last edited by jo15765; 07-20-2016 at 08:24 PM.

  2. #2
    benji2505 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Is SWT The Closest To A "Windows Form"?

    I guess nobody commented on the original question because it is a minefield: the number of opinions is about as large as the number of people involved in Java.

    concerning the new question: check whether you have installed WindowBuilder in Eclipse. If that is the case, right click on the class that carries the GUI nodes, infos, etc. and choose "open with" -> "WindowBuilder Editor". On the bottom of your window you will see 2 tabs, one for your code and one for the design view. imho WindowBuilder is not the most stable product, parsing back and forth might crash -> in this case just retry and it might well work the second/third time.

  3. #3
    jim829 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Northern Virginia, United States
    Posts
    6,226
    Rep Power
    14

    Default Re: Is SWT The Closest To A "Windows Form"?

    What happened? Did you change your title and original question?? Please don't do that as it pollutes the title search process. Just start a new thread.

    Regards,
    Jim
    Last edited by jim829; 07-20-2016 at 09:30 PM.
    The JavaTM Tutorials | SSCCE | Java Naming Conventions
    Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part

  4. #4
    jo15765 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is SWT The Closest To A "Windows Form"?

    Quote Originally Posted by benji2505 View Post
    I guess nobody commented on the original question because it is a minefield: the number of opinions is about as large as the number of people involved in Java.

    concerning the new question: check whether you have installed WindowBuilder in Eclipse. If that is the case, right click on the class that carries the GUI nodes, infos, etc. and choose "open with" -> "WindowBuilder Editor". On the bottom of your window you will see 2 tabs, one for your code and one for the design view. imho WindowBuilder is not the most stable product, parsing back and forth might crash -> in this case just retry and it might well work the second/third time.
    Sorry for asking a minefield of a ? -- was not my intentions.

    I installed the WindowBuilder but now it underlines
    Java Code:
    JFrame
    with an error telling me that
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Access restriction: The type JFrame is not accessible due to restriction on required library C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_91\lib\rt.jar WBForm.java /Test/src line 8 Java Problem

  5. #5
    jo15765 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is SWT The Closest To A "Windows Form"?

    Quote Originally Posted by jim829 View Post
    What happened? Did you change your title and original question?? Please don't do that as it pollutes the title search process. Just start a new thread.

    Regards,
    Jim
    I did change the ? to a more relevant one. Sorry for doing such, I did not realize it would convulate the forum.s

  6. #6
    benji2505 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    MA, USA
    Posts
    399
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Is SWT The Closest To A "Windows Form"?

    If this error message shows up within "WindowBuilder", hit the "reparse" button. Maybe multiple times.

  7. #7
    jo15765 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    65
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Is SWT The Closest To A "Windows Form"?

    Quote Originally Posted by benji2505 View Post
    If this error message shows up within "WindowBuilder", hit the "reparse" button. Maybe multiple times.
    Perfect - that got it. Thank you

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 08:29 AM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-30-2012, 03:06 PM
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-30-2012, 09:30 AM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-21-2010, 09:20 AM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-20-2008, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •