Results 1 to 10 of 10
Thread: [SOLVED] Auto complete Text.
- 06-24-2008, 07:13 AM #1
- 06-24-2008, 07:33 AM #2
You have to use the key listener event for this. Each keyPressed event you can validate the letter with already stored data. When you do this for each key press by the user you can find the word.
- 06-24-2008, 09:07 AM #3
Ok let me see..
- 06-24-2008, 09:08 AM #4
- 06-24-2008, 11:19 AM #5
Ya tried using key event.
Using key event i can catch the first character but how to match with the string and before that how to make String dynamic so that it will apeend the text inside it as many time the application is executed.
now i am trying to store the text in notepad and whenever the alphabet is type it will show the value from the notepad..
i dont know wheather it will work or not..
i need your help..
Thanks for your concern...
- 06-24-2008, 11:35 AM #6
Actually no need to use a notepad. By the code you can do it. Each newly typed word store in a List. Then on each key event go through the List and compare the same indexing character of user entered word and the searched word of the List.
- 06-24-2008, 02:21 PM #7Hi All,
I need a suggestion or code for Auto Complete Text in JTextField.
Thanks in advance..
Compare each data that was gathered,
show the desired data.
If your data are only basic texts, you can use compareToIgnoreCase(String str) method.
If they are locale dependent, use Collator class then set the Collator's strength.freedom exists in the world of ideas
- 06-25-2008, 04:35 AM #8
- 06-26-2008, 12:57 PM #9
I solve my problem by using AutoComplete JCombo box.
Thank you all..Thanks & Regards
- 06-27-2008, 04:05 AM #10
- By luislopezco in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 05-26-2008, 04:26 PM
- By iceflyin in forum New To JavaReplies: 8Last Post: 04-21-2008, 01:07 PM
- By omaradib in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-10-2008, 01:24 PM
- By piyushgpt1 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2008, 08:04 PM
- By dirtycash in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 12-31-2007, 07:21 AM