Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 08-28-2013, 09:13 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
- Rep Power
Find the pathname for the Java .jar file
I am beginning to write my application. It will require the Java source file and a series or separate support files that the application will create and manage. I would like the application to place these files in the same directory as the Java source file. What function would I use to determine that directory name? I'd prefer not to hard code a location, and I'd prefer not to ask the application user to select a location.
- 08-28-2013, 09:38 PM #2
Re: Find the pathname for the Java .jar file
Why should your application require the Java source?
The usual approach for supporting files is to place them in a subdirectory of the user's home directory. There's a System property that you can use to find the home directory.
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By fam2315 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 10-28-2012, 02:12 AM
- By lemontree45 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 08-18-2011, 02:00 AM
- By aramiky818 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-22-2011, 02:06 AM
- By kulangotski in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-18-2011, 12:34 PM
- By shikha3g in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 0Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:49 PM