Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 12-28-2011, 11:56 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- Rep Power
Need some help with Java Networking Program
I am having trouble writing a networking program using java. Here is the basic setting up of the question.
There are two boxes.
Box 1 has the java app on it, and has an internal IP address (ie. 192.168.1.x).
Box 2 has two IP addresses:
Address 1: shares the same internal address of box 1 (192.168.1.x)
Address 2: routable IP address such as 9.26.69.x.
The program on box 1 needs be able to connect to box 2, and change network setting of box 2 (address 2, mask, gateway, etc)
I am really stuck with this problem, so hopefully someone can help me out.
Thanks in advance.
- 12-29-2011, 02:38 AM #2
Re: Need some help with Java Networking Program
The first phase of writing a network program in Java would use the localhost IP address to make sure the classes and methods work as desired. Have you done that step yet?
- 12-29-2011, 10:29 PM #3
- By munny in forum NetworkingReplies: 8Last Post: 11-20-2011, 05:30 AM
- By jigglywiggly in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 05-25-2010, 08:10 AM
- By louwhopley in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 08-04-2009, 10:01 PM
- By thangavel14 in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 07-30-2009, 01:47 AM