Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: What format is a getText()?
- 04-17-2010, 11:44 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2010
- Rep Power
What format is a getText()?
I would be very grateful if someone could tell me if when you do a getText() from a JTextArea is the getText() a string or a string array?
I have used a JTextArea to enable a user to input multiple lines. I then want to send the getText() to another procedure e.g. callmethod(getText()); for analysing the text. For the callmethod that receives the getText() how should I define the format of the getText()?
You need to read the API for this and learn to do this as a regular habit. It will answer this and many more questions you will have.
If after reading it, you're still confused, please come on back and we'll discuss it.
- By gisler in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 3Last Post: 12-01-2009, 08:35 PM
- By javamula in forum New To JavaReplies: 12Last Post: 09-16-2009, 05:45 AM
- By mahipal_reddy621 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2008, 11:21 AM
- By 2ndis1stplaceloser in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-21-2008, 06:38 AM
- By obdi in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 07-21-2008, 09:28 AM