Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: project bigger then me
- 02-19-2010, 03:02 PM #1
project bigger then me
I need to make sense of thousands of lines of JAVA within a few weeks. Quick glance at the code suggested that I can understand it.
Where to start generally?
I have no exposure into business functionality of said application and am a little intimidated by this project.
Any thought on where to start?
- 02-19-2010, 03:09 PM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2008
- Rep Power
Well, diving into a project is not a real problem if you 1, understand the "project" itself, or 2, have a "good" understanding of the majority of the tecnologies used. When you have neither, and no one to sit beside you to help, you -- are -- in -- trouble.
All I can say is to start at "the beginning". Whether for you that means first attempting to understand the application (not the code), or first attempting to understand the language, is up to you, but don't try to understand both at once.
- 02-19-2010, 03:14 PM #3
- By scorp200 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-06-2009, 08:17 AM
- By balajimca in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 2Last Post: 08-07-2009, 02:52 PM
- By itaipee in forum EclipseReplies: 1Last Post: 12-28-2008, 09:12 PM
- By maggie_2 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-02-2008, 09:24 AM