Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 04-09-2009, 06:26 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Rep Power
Cannot run radar after explorer 8 update
I am not very good at fixing computers. I can defrag and do general maintanance, but when it comes to the more difficult things, I'm lost.
I am running windows XP. I have recently updated to explorer 8 and service pack 3. Since then, I haven't been able to get into a chat room that I go to. Also if I go to a site like NOAA's National Weather Service[/url], click on radar, click on the map and the area that I want to check, then try to go to base loop... I get a blank box with a red x in the upper left corner. There is a message at the bottom that says;
"Java is necessary for radar looping and is best optimized using Java version 1.4.2 or higher.
Go to java.com/en]java.com: Java + You[/url] for more information regarding Java."
So I have downloaded the new version 6 update 13, and I have followed the steps that tell you how to go into your internet options, and click on the java stuff. Still I can't watch my radar to see if the storm is coming.
I live in tornado alley and with tornado season approaching, I would like to be able to see if I should abandon the computer and run for shelter.
Can anyone please help me?
- By simplypj in forum CLDC and MIDPReplies: 3Last Post: 06-24-2009, 08:07 PM
- By Java Tip in forum SWT TipsReplies: 0Last Post: 07-07-2008, 04:45 PM
- By Panchitopro in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 8Last Post: 05-08-2008, 03:31 AM
- By bilmeze in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 04-04-2008, 08:57 AM
- By levent in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 05-13-2007, 03:43 PM