Results 1 to 10 of 10
- 02-17-2009, 07:40 PM #1
- 02-18-2009, 08:38 PM #2Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
- Rep Power
All roads lead to Polish Notation
I don't recall the details of postfix or prefit.
When I think about it, I can't imagine the
data structure changing at all. In both
cases you will have a stack with values,
and a stack with operations.
The key is the algorithm that interprets the
(I hope someone corrects me on this if I'm
Look up the algorithm for Polish Notaion
in a data structure text. The postfix and
prefix algorithms are probably at the
beginning of that chapter.
- 02-19-2009, 05:37 AM #3
Thanks for your answer.
I already know what postfix and prefix are.
I need to come up with an algorithm convering postfix to prefix and vice-versa!
how can I do that?
There are many posted on the web. I have found such in the past easily with a Google search. Most aren't a Java code conversion but it's not hard to convert from one code to another for this.
- 02-19-2009, 06:40 AM #5
I have searched the web but could not find any!
I must have looked at 100 pages already!
when it comes to converting postfix to infix or vice-vera, they give the algorithm or the code using trees and not stack!
I appreciate it if you give me a website if you already know of it.
- 02-19-2009, 06:41 AM #6
programmerassist.com/question/93 is one in Java but I do not understand it at all!!! :(
It's been a while since I looked, sorry. Best of luck though.
- 02-19-2009, 06:45 AM #8
ahh.. too bad.
- 02-19-2009, 11:37 PM #10
- By nupurashi in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 04-01-2009, 07:27 PM
- By blueyan in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 10-04-2008, 11:13 AM
- By pheonix in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 09-09-2008, 04:43 AM
- By freddieMaize in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 04-07-2008, 07:44 AM
- By abintoms in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-08-2007, 12:45 AM