Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: remote file access problem
- 08-14-2008, 03:01 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2008
- Rep Power
remote file access problem
I am trying to write/read to file which resides in another computer.
i have tried this code:
URL url = new URL("http","192.168.100.6","D:\\jes-1.6.1\\user.conf");
URLConnection URLC = url.openConnection();
InputStream filein = URLC.getInputStream();
but the third line raised an exception. how can i resolve this problem.
or can u send me another simple code to access the remote file.(a text file actually).(it is in drive D: folder= project file name=trial.txt).
thanks in advance
- 08-14-2008, 03:39 PM #2
Does the server you are communicating with allow you to access any file anywhere on its computer? There might be restrictions.
What exception do you get? Post the full text of the message.
- 08-14-2008, 06:04 PM #3
- By anil@prokarma in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-12-2008, 02:05 PM
- By Preethi in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 06-03-2008, 05:54 AM
- By bipinkrishna15 in forum Java ServletReplies: 1Last Post: 05-27-2008, 10:58 AM
- By christina in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2007, 09:33 PM
- By riadmazloum in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 08-06-2007, 07:13 PM