Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Test internet speed
- 03-31-2009, 12:20 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Rep Power
Test internet speed
I am trying to develop a tiny internet speed tester, just for fun.
I am probably doing everything wrong o because I am not a programmer and well, everything I am doing is trying to learn a little bit.
The point is, I do not know how to calculate the true internet connection speed !!
Firstly I tried to do it downloading something from internet and timing the time it took but the results where always around 300kbites/s, and obviously this is just a punctual speed for a particular connection...
After that I have tried to do lots of downloads at the same time using threads and looking (wrongly thinking that after that I could just sum the speeds) but I realize of this was uselessness...
So, now I'm lost.
Does anyone have any idea of how can I do this?
- By bezudar in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 11-20-2008, 10:53 AM
- By rajeshgubba in forum NetworkingReplies: 4Last Post: 10-22-2008, 11:11 PM
- By Mba7eth in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 09-16-2008, 11:55 AM
- By michelle in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 04-05-2008, 12:38 AM
- By bbq in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 06-28-2007, 05:34 PM