Insert Embedded or Linked OLE Objectsin Word & EUDC Fonts Support in .NET & Java Apps
What is new in this release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 14.3.0 . Aspose.Words now supports insertion of OLE objects such as another Microsoft Word document or a Microsoft Excel chart. A new public method, InsertOleObject, has been introduced in the DocumentBuilder class. This method can be used to insert an embedded or linked OLE object from a file into a Word document. Aspose.Words’ rendering engine now partially supports EUDC (End-User-Defined-Characters) fonts. Please find below the description of how EUDC fonts works on Windows. In this first implementation, Aspose.Words uses a single EUDC font. When rendering a document to fixed-page formats, this font is searched among the specified font sources by “EUDC” family name. Starting from Aspose.Words 14.3.0, Best Fit position of data labels in pie charts is partially supported. In previous versions labels with best fit position were rendered as if they had the inside end position. Currently we use a modified Open Office algorithm to set the best fit position of data labels. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Public API for insertion of OLE objects both linked and embedded
- Outline, Shadow, Reflection, Glow and Fill text effects for rendering text inside DrawingML shapes
- EUDC fonts rendering partially supported
- “PDF Logical Structure” export reworked, significantly improving memory usage
- Support OLE embedding of documents and files Feature
- Write an article about how to work with Table of contents in Aspose.Words
- Add <col> tag support
- Support BestFit position of Pie chart's data labels.
- Support style:text-decoration attribute of Paragraph tag.
- Preserve private characters in EUDC.TTE during rendering to Pdf
- Support HTML table row borders in HTML import
- Support text outline effect.
- Support text fill effect.
- Support text shadow effect.
- Support text reflection effect
- Support text glow effect.
- Support text effects applied to text in Dml Shape or in SmartArt.
- Implement reading text effects from rPr in DML.
- Support inheriting styles from parent objects.
- Add image compression options for different image types
- Add a link to the online documentation in the DLLs only release
- Default run properties lose lang attribute value on DOCX to DOC conversions
- Padding for image in table is lost when rendering to Pdf
- Consider using "Don't vertically align cells containing floating objects" compatibility option when exporting to HTML
- Shape in table's cell is improperly horizontally aligned to center after export to HTML is now fixed
- Floating shape is now properly vertically positioned after export to HTML
- Warning : Unkno/wn ProgId value 'Visio.Drawing.11'. This might cause inaccessible OLE embedding
- Charts (DrawingML) issue fixed and now render correctly in Pdf file
- Aspose.Words now properly work in Jdeveloper IDE
- OLE object cannot be edited after re saving the document
- Diagram connectors are inverted/flipped after conversion from Docx to pdf
- WordArt letters are condensing issue is resolved
- Condensed character spacing is lost is fixed
- Relative hyperlink with Unicode is now properly saved to Pdf
- Add pre-built Document Explorer JAR to Java release.
- Aspose.Words does not take in account style set in <head>.
- Table now looks correctly while converting html to doc.
- Hyperlinks split into multiple fragments/links in output PDF
- Horizontal table position is corrected.
- Document.UpdateFields Does not Update TOC in DOCX
- Content in the output html is overlapped at many places in Html
- Different table justify alignment for different compatibilityMode values.
- CSS selectors now work for <thead>, <tbody>, and<tfoot> elements
- Chart Legend/Series now render correctly in output Pdf file
- Data labels with best fit position are rendering at correct places in Chart
- Offset of the hyperlink text line is off by a few pixels in output Pdf
- Hyperlinks split into multiple fragments/links in output PDF is fixed
- Document.UpdateFields is enhanced and update SUM formula field
- Paragraph's first line indent increases is fixed when exported to HTM
- Space before a paragraph following a floating element is too large after - HTML to DOCX conversion is now fixd
- Block-level SVG image become inline after HTML to DOCX conversion
- Problem with vertical paragraph spacing is resolved when importing HTML using InsertHtml method
- Shape rotation is fixed after conversion from Doc to Pdf
- Text color is changed after conversion from Docx to WordML/Doc
- Word Table indentation is now corrected when <table> is placed inside <li>
- Arrows on the Lines gets distorted when converting to Pdf is now fixed
- A space character is exported to PDF output between Japanese and Numeric characters is fixed
- Line Shape from Header is merged with the top border of Table in Body
- Docx to WordML conversion issue resolved with content control
- Junk text is rendered in fixed page formats
- Positions of some DrawingML circles are now preserved during rendering
- A row and some content is rendering at the bottom of previous page is fixed
- Header table rows and images are now preserved in PDF
- List items issue fixed, now line up correctly after conversion from RTF to HTML
- Conversion from Docm to Doc creates corrupted document now fixed
- Hyperlink for an icon is now preserved during HTML to PDF conversion
- Text overlapping is fixed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
- Text position change is fixed after conversion from Docx to Pdf
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How Aspose.Words Uses True Type Fonts
- How to Extract Images from a Document
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Java Word Library
- Download Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download Aspose.Words for Java
- Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts