Advanced Curved WordArt & DrawingML Effects Rendering & Better Track Revisions
What is new in this release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java &.NET 13.12.0 as well as Aspose.Words for Android 1.5.0. This month’s release contains 103 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes. DrawingML is primary language used to represent graphical objects in OOXML version of Words documents (DOCX is an OOXML format for instance). The DrawingML language is complex by nature but with each release support for this feature is improved within Aspose.Words. With this month’s release curved WordArt is supported (the WordArt shapes fit to frames defined by Bezier curves) and advanced DrawingML effects such as glow, outer shadow and reflection are included. Keep an eye out for further DrawingML improvements coming with future versions. When track changed are enabled, any insertions, deletions or changes in the document are identified and displayed to the user. Along with these three standard changes, there is a special type of tracked changed which identifies when a portion of content is moved from one place to another in the document. This move is seen as one unique operation where the content moved from one position to another. Without support for this type of tracked change the move appears as two operations: a separate deletion and insertion. Aspose.Words now support this type of tracked change and will correct identify any “moves” in the document with tracked change enabled as one operation. At the moment this feature is only supported when loading and saving in DOCX format, however support for other formats is planned for the next few releases. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Improved tight wrapping text flow around floating objects
- Curved WordArt objects rendering implemented (WordArt shapes fit to frames defined by Bezier curves)
- DrawingML “Glow” effect rendering implemented
- DrawingML “Outer Shadow” effect rendering implemented
- FootNote/Endnote fields inside another Hyperlink field is notw converted as separate links during converting the .DOC to .HTML.
- Improve automatic spacing between paragraphs on HTML import
- Add "blockquote" tag importing
- Implement Load and Save warnings for ODT format
- 3D WordArt doesn't support shape fit to Bezier curves and has some fill issues are now resolved
- Contents position is changed is corrected after conversion from RTF to Pdf
- Text is missing is fixed after conversion from RTF to Pdf
- Second page header and footer become visible in HTML is resolved
- Save SVG resources to files when exporting a document to Fixed HTML format.
- Preserve trackmoves revision upon DOCX round-trip.
- Aspose.Words does not use the same font as MS Word does for html to PDF conversion
- A paragraph in cell breaks into two lines is now fixed when converting to fixed page formats
- Import < thead > and < th > in tables properly
- font.color and td.bgcolor are now imported during HTML import.
- Shape extrusion is fixed and now properly working
- "!Syntax Error" is fixed for updating fields.
- The copyright year in the CHM documentation is corrected
- WordArt advanced // While docx to Pdf, Text render is working correctly
- Using [BR] tags within table cells now fixed and correctly output
- WordArt // Bezier // shape is now rendering correctly in PDF
- Disregard paragraph space after for tight wrapping is now fixed
- Incorrect image size and text wrapping are fixed
- Update DocumentBuilder.InsertHtml method with correct handling of runs containing mixed rtl/ltr text.
- Add support shape fit to Bezier curves (for all all wordart shapes except ArchUp(Curve), ArchDown(Curve), Circle(Curve), Button(Curve)).
- Images are moved towards right Page edge in PDF
- An extra blank page is introduced in PDF is now fixed
- Add a remark to the API docs that SVG images are inserted as vector image format EMF is fixed
- Implement a mechanism to apply several depended CSS properties together to a model format
- Add support of :link selectors
- Add support of "pre-line" and "pre-wrap" values of "white-space" css property.
- Extra paragraph is added to table's cell so cell becomes higher in HTML import.
- Incorrect text wrapping around a tight-wrapped image is fixed
- Contents move to next page after conversion from Docx to fixed file format is now fixed
- Move Conversions [Explicit] long running Unit Tests into the new project Aspose.Words.Test.Longrun
- Inaccurate WordArt rendering in output Pdf file is fixed
- Unsupported path type and rendering mode are fixed during rendering WordArt shapes to PDF
- At slash sign a line of text is broken into two lines in PDF is now fixed
- Saving WordArt with Webdings font to non-Microsoft formats
- Text form fields turn into square boxes is fixed when converting to PDF over CentOS
- Incorrect Wingdings font rendering is fixed while conversion from Docx to PNG
- Open template document in SilverLight demos now working in IE
- Image moves to the next page in ODT format is now fixed
- Text box is rendered with a greater width and less height is now fixed.
- Indentation of list items is fixed after DOCX-HTML-DOCX round trip
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How to Insert a Document into another Document
- Document Conversion to Macromedia Flash File Format (SWF)
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Java Word Library
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for Android
- Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts