Aspose.Newsletter October 2010 Edition is out now
Aspose Newsletter for October 2010 has now been published that highlights all the newly supported features offered in the recent releases of its JasperReports exporters, SQL Server rendering extensions, .NET, Java & SharePoint components. This month’s technical article shows how to calculate the total through RuleSet actions. Also examples of Tables created on a PowerPoint presentation slide using both VSTO & Aspose.Slides for .NET and a demo for adding an image to an existing PDF file.
Aspose announces the Q3 2010 release of Aspose.Total
This month sees the release of the Q3 2010 release of our product suites, Aspose.Total, platform-specific compilations that bring together all of our components. Aspose.Total contains all the new features, fixes and improvements that we have made on our products since the last big release. The latest version of Aspose.Total for .NET, Aspose.Total for Java, Aspose.Total for Reporting Services and Aspose.Total for JasperReports are available to download now. For more information please click here Q3 2010 release of Aspose.Total.
Product Spotlight - Aspose.Network for .NET
Aspose.Network for .NET is a suite of flexible and easy-to-use .NET components for professional network programming. Aspose.Network for .NET includes implementation of most of the widely used network protocols as well as many utility classes to facilitate common development tasks. Aspose.Network for .NET also provides classes and algorithms which offer a simple, standards-based interface that can support time-oriented recurrence patterns or schedules. Download the free Aspose.Network for .NET trial and learn how it can make your network programming tasks a piece of cake.
Technical Article – Calculate the total through RuleSet actions
Microsoft Office InfoPath allows you to set a formula as the value of a field with the help of which you can calculate the sum of a column of the repeating table and display that sum in a new field. If you load the InfoPath form in Aspose.Form for .NET you’ll find that we don’t support that feature yet. Don’t let that stop you - we have a work around. Aspose.Form for .NET allows you to do the same thing using RuleSet actions. Click here to read the complete article about how to Calculate the total through RuleSet actions.
Updates about new product releases
- Aspose.Cells for Java v2.4.0 - Sheet to image, sheet to print and workbook to print features are supported.
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java v3.3.0 - Extract text, replace text, import XML, flatten fields features are improved.
- Aspose.Network for .NET v5.6.0 - MSG and PST feature improvements
- Aspose.BarCode for Java v2.3.0 - Aztec 2D barcode recognition supported
- Aspose.Report for .NET v3.0.0 - Control the width or dash style of a legend marker through API or XML
- Aspose.Flash for .NET v3.2.0 - SVG to SWF conversion improved
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET v4.8.0 - Encryption, filling and flattening form fields, concatenation and XMP metadata features are improved
- Aspose.Form for .NET v3.1.0 - Convert InfoPath forms to PDF or PDF/A in web or desktop applications
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET v3.2.0 Calculate BCWS, BCWP, ACWP and CV values from project files
- Aspose.Words for .NET v9.4.0 Great OOXML improvements
- Aspose.Report for Java v2.1.0 Create charts in your applications targeting Java 1.4 or 1.5 environment
- Aspose.Cells for .NET v5.1.3 Aspose.Cells Grid suite now supports a variety of functions/formulas
- Aspose.Slides for Java v2.4.0 Support for PPT to PDF in Linux, managing slide comments, date time format for footer text issues resolved
- Aspose.BarCode for Reporting Services v2.3.0 Royal Mail 4-state Customer Code barcode symbology supported
- Aspose.Tasks for .NET v3.3.0 Write updated common project properties back to MPP and read MS Project 2010 XML file format
- Aspose.Pdf.Kit for Java v3.4.0 Russian and Swedish text replacement, text extraction, adding header, footer and page number related features are improved
- Aspose.Report for .NET v3.1.0 Display or suppress validation messages
Tutorial Video – Adding an image to an existing PDF file
In this video tutorial we show you just how easy it is to add an image to an existing PDF file using Aspose.Pdf.Kit for .NET. We create a simple .NET application that adds an image to an existing PDF document and then saves it. Click below to watch Video Adding an image to an existing PDF file .
Migration from Microsoft Office Automation to Aspose with Aspose.Slides for .NETNET
Tables can be created on a PowerPoint presentation slide using both VSTO and Aspose.Slides for .NET. Examples of both of these approaches are presented in our migration article. Using Aspose.Slides for .NET for this same task is simple and easy to implement. Find out how to migrate to Aspose.Slides for .NET
Collect your copy of Aspose Newsletter, October 2010 edition
– Collect the English version of this newsletter.
Aspose Pty Ltd
Suite 163, 79 Longueville Road
Lane Cove, NSW, 2066
Aspose - Your File Format Experts