Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Java 2d game
- 08-05-2009, 09:27 PM #1
Java 2d game
Me and my friends are planning on making a 2d overhead scrolling game. We are looking for a good game/graphics engine that uses java. We are considering using JavaMonkey, but we are having some reservations about this due to it being a 3d engine and not having much support for just 2d. (we would have to render everything as a texture on a quad, or use some other technique which seems like it would overcomplicate things).
We have also taken a look at the Slick2d game engine, but it is only in version .3 and we are unsure if it's going to be too buggy for us.
Any suggestions or feedbacks would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time and effort,
- By mayhewj7 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 04-10-2009, 07:01 AM
- By mars_red in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2008, 02:09 AM
- By mars_red in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-12-2008, 01:58 AM
- By gammaman in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-25-2007, 02:01 AM
- By lenny in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-23-2007, 04:40 PM