Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 03-18-2011, 08:58 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2011
- Rep Power
java.awt.TrayIcon & javax.swing.JPopupMenu
Hi every one;
I'm writing a Java desktop program with a system tray icon. Every thing is fine, but there is one problem: The pop-up menu and all menu items of the tray icon are really ugly in Linux! Why?! Because it's not Swing! I am forced to use java.awt.PopupMenu because of java.awt.TrayIcon!!
Now my question is that is there any way of having a tray icon with a swing JPopupMenu?
I've searched all over the Internet; I've found some things but none of them is a clean solution. In one of my searches I encountered a new class called JXTrayIcon which accepted JPopupMenus; this was suppose to be in JDK-6u10 but it's not!
Any way, does any one know about a clean solution for the ugly AWT pop-up menu of TrayIcon? Or a way to use Swing's JPopupMenu with AWT's TrayIcon?
Thanks in Advance
- By timosoft in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 5Last Post: 02-15-2011, 02:17 AM
- By jon80 in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 05-27-2009, 01:17 AM
- By newbieal in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 10-09-2008, 06:45 PM
- By scotter59 in forum NetBeansReplies: 6Last Post: 07-10-2008, 07:28 PM
- By elizabeth in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-30-2007, 07:02 PM