Results 1 to 3 of 3
Thread: Window title bar re-desing
- 08-23-2010, 01:52 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Aug 2010
- Rep Power
Window title bar re-desing
I would like to redesign the title bar and the borders of a window.
About the bar, I want to present custom buttons for close, minimize and maximize actions. This buttons are only visually different and should appear on right, like a normal Windows window. On the left should appear a menu with the typical entries File, Edit, View, etc.
Regarding the borders, I simple want to remove them (the side and bottom ones).
I took a look on the "Modifying the Look and Feel" tutorial (Lesson: Modifying the Look and Feel (The Java™ Tutorials > Creating a GUI With JFC/Swing)) and it seems I must use the Synth or Nimbus L&F. The first one, at least, keeps the feel and works only as a skin. This is enough for me, despite I actually didn't understand the main difference between them. Anyway, their sections don't explain how can I implement the above requisites. Are only focused on the representation of the Swing components, like labels, radio buttons and so on.
I hope you can give some directions.
Thanks in advance!
- 08-24-2010, 04:15 AM #2
Cool idea, pal, but I am afraid the only thing you can do with the super container is the only look and feel things...
As I can remember, it is the OS thing and is given as a default one
- 08-24-2010, 04:16 AM #3
- By equattro in forum NetBeansReplies: 1Last Post: 12-30-2010, 02:48 PM
- By blackpanther in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 01-10-2010, 08:48 AM
- By rakesh_n_mehta in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 07-09-2009, 12:17 PM
- By baruno in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-24-2008, 09:10 AM
- By keffie91 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 10-06-2008, 07:21 PM