Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Isolating memory usage
- 09-13-2011, 08:47 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2009
- Rep Power
Isolating memory usage
I wrote a simple job scheduler.
- Every job implements a standard Interface and is launched by the scheduler via reflection.
- The scheduler tracks the start and end of those jobs, and it catches/logs/emails any exceptions that the jobs fail to handle.
- Jobs are written by different developers in my organization, and it is possible that they may have memory leaks.
I need a mechanism that would allow me to launch those jobs in their own memory spaces so that if they have memory leaks they don't endanger the operation of the scheduler itself. I also need a way to monitor total memory consumption, and if feasible, the memory consumption of each job.
- By CuddlyKittens11 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 04-27-2011, 07:53 PM
- By Moon_E in forum New To JavaReplies: 20Last Post: 07-09-2010, 10:53 PM
- By jon80 in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 1Last Post: 06-30-2009, 06:56 AM
- By arnab321 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-07-2008, 07:13 PM
- By lardum in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 06-26-2008, 03:30 AM