Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 04-16-2011, 06:34 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2011
- Rep Power
How to call a portlet method from within jsp?
I`ve come across the following problem:
I`ve got a standard Spring MVC portlet: DispatcherPortlet, a viewController(extends AbstractController) and a view jsp page. On the jsp there is a jQuery jstree. What I need to do is load some data and append it to the tree as each node is opened. The data should be generated within the portlet (DAO -> process data -> return result).
The question is the following: how do I call the portlet method that prepares the data and then pass the result to the jsp?
I've tried to use ajax queries to the portlet itself, but what I got was the contents of index.jsp (where did that come from?). I also couldn`t configure the handler mapping to make it work right. Any help appreciated. Ah, one more thing: it is Java 1.4 and Spring 2.5
Last edited by svz; 04-16-2011 at 06:36 PM. Reason: forgot to mention it's Spring framework
- By sauravsinha in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 4Last Post: 09-26-2011, 05:19 PM
- By Rockefella in forum New To JavaReplies: 12Last Post: 01-20-2011, 05:32 PM
- By PhQ in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2010, 04:31 AM
- By leapinlizard in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 04-30-2009, 12:55 AM
- By jon80 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 05-07-2008, 09:37 AM