Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 01-25-2010, 08:11 PM #1
having a JSP display the results in a Portlet setup
I am right now working on trying to learn Struts & Portlets. I now have the ability to get the data saved to the "bean" if you will, I can have a JSP display it. On the portlet side I have been able to get to the ponit I can setup and run a portlet and put out a simple stream of data, but have yet found a way to have my portlet object redirect the output from its self to a JSP.
Edit: I should note this is in the doView function (overrided from GenericPortlet) and not the processAction funciton.
Last edited by Drun; 01-25-2010 at 09:00 PM.Michael P. O'Connor
- 01-25-2010, 11:10 PM #2
I remember when I was using Jetspeed portal (a long time ago), there was some tricks to make the Jetspeed container even use JSP, it by default was set to use velocity templates for some fool reason.
but there must be a kind of hello world portlet specific to your portal container type right ?
- 01-27-2010, 03:36 PM #3
I finnaly found the anser it was that I had to do
PortletRequestDispatcher someVarable = getPortletContext().getRequestDispatcher("some_jsp_page.jsp"); someVarable.include(req,res);Michael P. O'Connor
- By chiragkini in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 0Last Post: 12-30-2009, 06:29 AM
- By firstname.lastname@example.org in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 0Last Post: 07-02-2009, 08:37 AM
- By mnk007 in forum EclipseReplies: 0Last Post: 04-21-2009, 01:32 AM
- By Heather in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-14-2007, 04:21 PM
- By Daniel in forum Web FrameworksReplies: 1Last Post: 07-06-2007, 06:43 AM