Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 08-13-2012, 01:30 AM #1
Getting to know some threading classes.
Currently, the only thread class I use when I am programming parallel processes is java.lang.Thread. I know there are many more, and I would like to know them.
For example, I am going to do a little learning-project:
I execute some main thread/method. The main method start an infinite loop(some random work). Before that infinite loop starts, a timer start in a new thread thread. When it reaches zero, it start four new threads(simultaneously). When all these four threads have done their work, the infinite loop in the main method will stop(and the whole program is terminated).
I could probably make this learning project with the Thread class and some boolean variables, but are there easier ways?
Suggest me some classes that could make this project easier!
- By airboss16 in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 04-08-2011, 06:38 AM
- By kaptan_singh in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 1Last Post: 01-31-2011, 08:23 PM
- By the reporter in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 19Last Post: 06-21-2010, 05:50 PM
- By dinosoep in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 12-03-2009, 05:31 PM
- By java08 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 08-12-2008, 11:09 AM