Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: DefaultListModel Issue
- 01-20-2011, 05:00 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2011
- Rep Power
I have a DefaultListModel and scores of objects have been added to it.
Multiple objects can be selected and some operation is performed on those which is time consuming.
It blocks the selected object and the thread has to wait til the operation is over. I want a solution such that I can unselect the selected objects and select some more objects and perform a different operation.Kindly suggest a solution.Inputs will be greatly appreciated.
This question appears similar to another question from earlier today -- unable-select-deselect-items-jlist-while-performing-some-task, and the solution appears to be the same -- do the time-consuming task in a background thread such as that provided by a SwingWorker. For more details on what you need to do, please have a look here: Concurrency in Swing
- By Embercloud in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 01-14-2011, 04:26 AM
- By DaedalusAlpha in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 4Last Post: 04-19-2010, 07:51 AM
- By mawandiadeepak in forum NetworkingReplies: 2Last Post: 03-17-2010, 05:23 AM
- By jboy in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 10-24-2009, 03:23 AM
- By rickyoswald in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-24-2009, 06:28 PM