Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 01-19-2011, 02:00 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2008
- Rep Power
playing multiple wavs at the same time.
I'm working on a drum sequencer and at any given point there could be upto 4-8 wav sounds being played at the same time. I was thinking of having upto 8 threads, one for each wav file.
This seems logical approach, but if I let a user runs the application on a dual core, where I'm on a quad core then I think the user could run into performance issues.
I'm not too sure if having just a single thread and let each wav file have a piece of the time slice would be better?
Any thoughs if I'm on the right track?
- By Pals in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 02-26-2010, 03:18 AM
- By flok in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 3Last Post: 11-10-2009, 03:31 PM
- By chaiwei in forum Java AppletsReplies: 3Last Post: 10-30-2009, 05:39 AM
- By toymachiner62 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 6Last Post: 10-09-2009, 02:59 AM
- By pmgallardo in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 03-09-2009, 04:29 PM