Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Security hole by Race condition
- 03-24-2010, 05:10 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2010
- Rep Power
Security hole by Race condition
e. Race conditions
Two processes might share control or data. Race conditions isthe term applied to compromising this sharing, which typicallyresults from synchronization errors, when the potential existsfor process conflicts, and a resulting vulnerability. A typicalexploit interrupts a pair of sequential calls that are meant to beperformed automatically without interruption by anotherthread or process on the machine with a third process.
One example is the combined checking of access rights to afile, followed by a subsequent call to write or read that file. Byinterrupting the process between the two calls, an attacker canrewrite or modify the file because this behavior is expected.The attacker can place inappropriate information into a file,or perhaps access an inappropriate file.
- By lenaz in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-18-2009, 01:07 PM
- By Inf1nity in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-16-2009, 04:46 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 03-12-2008, 12:17 PM
- By sireesha in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-20-2007, 11:40 PM
- By boy22 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-24-2007, 12:59 AM