Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Desktop Clock
- 03-18-2009, 06:15 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2009
- Rep Power
Could anyone please help, I'm trying to develop an Application with the following:
1. Create a GUI that has three buttons, namely: Start, Stop and Exit.
2. The user is permitted to enter the number of philosophers.
3. When the Start is clicked, the application begins by displaying the state of all
philosophers. A philosopher can be in three states – Thinking, Hungry and Eating.
4. Philosophers can stay Thinking or Eating for randomly selected periods between 2 and
5. The state of all philosophers is displayed every 50 milliseconds.
6. When the Stop button is pressed all philosophers sleep.
7. When the Exit button is pressed the application closes.
8. A sample of the display is shown below:
Philosopher 1 is thinking… (2 seconds)
Philosopher 2 is eating…
Philosopher 3 is hungry… (1 second)
Philosopher 4 is eating…
1. Develop the Monitor class.
2. Develop the Philosopher class
3. Develop other classes as necessary.
- 03-19-2009, 05:28 PM #2
- By adz666 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 10-15-2008, 02:18 AM
- By BruenorBH in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 20Last Post: 09-12-2008, 05:27 AM
- By jaidod in forum Java AppletsReplies: 1Last Post: 04-17-2008, 04:05 PM
- By jvasilj1 in forum New To JavaReplies: 12Last Post: 02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
- By tampacurt in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 11-17-2007, 02:18 AM