Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 03-17-2008, 08:18 PM #1
Backdoors are cleaned and Server moved
Hello, for the last month the site was offline for long periods. I am sorry for inconvenience.
In this period, we have performed two main things.:
1. Server is checked for backdoors and trojans. The backdoor seem to be the reason for the recent attacks to our site. We have cleaned a couple of these and i hope we dont have any of them remaining.
2. Server is moved to a very powerful server (4 core cpus, 4GB ram and 2x250GB disk) , you might have some DNS problems for the next 24 hours. I guess you will also see some speed improvements while accessing the site. ;)
Sorry again for inconveniences. I hope they will not happen again for a long time.
- 03-21-2008, 09:10 AM #2
Glad to see the site is back and alive again. It was a period of sadness for me while the site was down- it was simply way too long :( ... I hope the owners have superbly strengthened the site's infrastructure and has learned from this incident. I'm afraid it appears we've had some casualties in our community... some folks that haven't returned since the site took that vicious hit. One to speak of is Tim, whom I enjoyed having around and learning from his insight... I do hope he decides to one day come back.
- 03-21-2008, 02:50 PM #3
I know these delays was disappointing for you. But i tried my best to fix the problems ASAP. I don't plan any server moves for a couple of years. :)
Unfortunately, this cleanup was necessary because the guys had started to break all of my sites one by one. It cost me a lot too.
Thanks for your understanding.
- By elish11 in forum JDBCReplies: 2Last Post: 08-20-2008, 06:00 PM
- By maruthi_s in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 2Last Post: 07-15-2008, 06:11 PM
- By chaudhuri_abhi in forum Java ServletReplies: 1Last Post: 02-11-2008, 07:05 PM
- By Albert in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 1Last Post: 06-25-2007, 05:38 AM
- By JavaBean in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2007, 12:52 AM