Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 02-11-2013, 12:32 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2013
- Rep Power
Enhanced java.util.TreeMap to access and retrieve elements by index
Greetings, fellow programmers,
I have more of a feedback request rather than a question. I took the source code of java.util.TreeMap and enhanced it to support accessing and retrieving elements by index (offset from the beginning of the sorted key set).
You can find the project and details here: indexed-tree-map - JDK's enhanced red-black tree map algorithm to support access by index - Google Project Hosting
My questions are:
- what open source license (most liberal) can I use when basing some work on JDK's source code
- what pros/cons (mostly cons) do you see in this implementation?
- if these classes (IndexedTreeMap, IndexedTreeSet) are ever to be included in the JDK what is the right way to go?
I faced the index problem myself and implemented this for a project I'm working on, while looking for a solution I found that many people have the same problem. Just look up questions on stackoverflow that are related to SortedTree/SortedSet and List or index position.
- 02-11-2013, 02:29 PM #2
- By justbeller in forum JDBCReplies: 1Last Post: 08-14-2012, 07:31 PM
- By jarah in forum Java AppletsReplies: 0Last Post: 04-26-2012, 12:50 PM
- By busdude in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 10-03-2011, 04:05 AM
- By vasavi.singh in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-06-2009, 12:42 PM
- By Java Tip in forum java.langReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2008, 09:47 PM