Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 04-05-2009, 02:18 PM #1
Make importable drop-down box in reporting tool
For its outstanding advantages, drop-down box is common in data input interface. However, usually it is only for selection. If drop-down box can be used for both selection and data input, it will be more useful.
To make importable drop-down box, difficulties below need to be solved.
1. Make a drop-down box which can be used for both selection and input.
2. Judge user's input is display value or truth value.
3. If user's input is display value, it needs to be matched to corresponding truth value.
4. Add a switch used to decide whether users are allowed to input a new value.
5. For multiple choices, it needs to provide controls like empty and check all.
According to users' requirements in real business, RAQ Report provides a complete set of drop-down boxes. With RAQ Report, the only thing users need to do is checking needed options in the properties box of edit style.
This post is from freezea's blog. You are welcomed cc it anywhere, and please indicate the source.
If you would like to read more articles about reporting tool, you are also welcome to refer to his blog.Welcome to my blog for more about reporting tool!
- 04-06-2009, 06:59 AM #2
- Join Date
- Jul 2007
- Colombo, Sri Lanka
- Blog Entries
- Rep Power
Hi freezea, please choose the correct sub-forum when you posting again here in Java Forums. Read our FAQ page more information if you want. At the moment I'll move this thread to the correct place, please take care of that next time.