Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Java 1.6 compiler for DrJava
- 04-01-2012, 10:14 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
Java 1.6 compiler for DrJava
Hi, I was wondering if it is possible to have multiple versions of the java compiler on one computer. I have the latest version of java that I use with Eclipse, however I would also like to use DrJava but that only supports up to java 1.6 (I think).
I know what your going to say, DrJava is nowhere near as good an IDE as Eclipse, and I agree, but I like it's lightweight minimalism, on occasion I would prefer to use it over Eclipse (for simple projects, very simple ones). Plus all the hand-holding that Eclipse does makes learning a little more difficult in my opinion, there's something to be said for a learner manually writing out all his classes and methods.
I don't want to just go and download Java 1.6 and install it, I might overwrite the latest version.
Thanks for the help.
Edit: I'm having trouble finding Java 1.6, could someone link me to it?
Edit2: Found it, it's called Java 6, not 1.6 :)
Last edited by Astralogic; 04-01-2012 at 11:08 AM.
- By siddanth1 in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 02-10-2012, 03:08 AM
- By jonstewart in forum New To JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 04-07-2011, 11:34 PM
- By pratzy in forum Other IDEsReplies: 7Last Post: 04-26-2010, 04:16 AM
- By aw646475 in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 03-15-2009, 08:32 PM
- By fenderman in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-28-2009, 04:24 AM