Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Frankenstein: a live web search
- 07-14-2014, 12:42 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2014
- Rep Power
Frankenstein: a live web search
I am new to computer programming, and just have a few innocent questions to ask.
I have an idea for a piece of programming I would like to carry out, but I would appreciate some advice about whether Java will be the appropriate language.
The idea: one by one, each word from Mary Shelley's Frankenstein text will be entered into a google search, and the first webpage result shall be opened. I shall exclude words such as it, a, and, I, they etc. Each space between a word will trigger a new tab for a new google search. And full stops (the end of the sentence) will close all the tabs, and will start a new line of google searches.
Does this sound achievable? If so, which programming language should I use? Please let me know if I should explain more. I'm using a macbook pro.
- By JavaNewb26 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-01-2012, 04:20 AM
- By gerakamal in forum XMLReplies: 0Last Post: 02-24-2012, 09:39 AM
- By Alfster in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-25-2011, 12:50 AM
- By annappa in forum LuceneReplies: 0Last Post: 10-29-2009, 10:28 AM
- By i4ba1 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 08-26-2008, 03:43 PM