Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 07-09-2014, 09:05 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2013
- Rep Power
Easier way to use MS command prompt for .jar files?
I write a java program “ProgName.java” and make a file “ProgName.jar”.
Then to use it on the command line I type “java –jar ProgName.jar “(+arguments).
Is there an easier way to use the command line like typing just “ProgName.end” where “.end” is a different ending?
Of course a “.bat” file works, but it’s a little messy also.
- 07-09-2014, 09:39 PM #2
Re: Easier way to use MS command prompt for .jar files?
Make a shortcut that can be clicked on to start the program. It can have the full commandline with args etc.
A Target entry from my shorcuts:
"C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx120M -cp %JAVA_RUN%\SlideShowApp.jar;DocumentViewerW.jar SlideShow.ImgIdxEditorIf you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.
- By Caedendi in forum Java JREReplies: 3Last Post: 02-24-2014, 01:19 PM
- By Parthi1705 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 07-10-2012, 01:54 PM
- By Smokey. in forum Threads and SynchronizationReplies: 4Last Post: 03-29-2011, 11:34 PM
- By jmga9 in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 11-10-2010, 01:53 AM
- By kureikougaiji in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 11-13-2008, 06:15 PM