Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Java question on operations?
- 01-26-2014, 11:07 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2014
- Rep Power
Java question on operations?
I have this question for school, however, i have no idea how to answer it?
The binary arithmetic operators (+,-,*,/,%) perform an operation between two operands. For each of these operators, what are the types of the operands they are defined to work with? How many different types of operands is each defined for?
(You have eight primitive data types. Do you think that subtraction, for example, is defined to work with any combination of all eight primitive data types, for a total of 64 different definitions of subtraction? Something to consider as you're thinking about this is what is the point of coercion.)
- By sherazam in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 0Last Post: 10-18-2012, 11:02 AM
- By ratyo8 in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 01-30-2012, 02:57 AM
- By Jojomofoman in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-12-2011, 12:45 AM
- By SAR in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 07-21-2010, 10:13 AM
- By jeer in forum New To JavaReplies: 22Last Post: 05-08-2008, 01:00 PM