Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 06-11-2013, 05:36 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2013
- Rep Power
Java lower level graphics programming
I have a question that I can't seem to get answered anywhere.
I'm wondering if Java is able to access lower level instructions for VGA to display images or take control of the VGA chipset without X11 or a GUI based operating system?
Back in the day, one could run games or programs from the console. (IE: Doom, Windows, etc), I'm just curious whether Java can do something like that.
- 06-11-2013, 07:10 AM #2
Re: Java lower level graphics programming
Is this what you are looking for?
Lesson: Full-Screen Exclusive Mode API (The Java™ Tutorials > Bonus)
Note that the API dates from Java 1.4 and is rarely needed with today's faster computers. Oh, and Java can't 'take control' of the VGA or any other chipset. That might be possible by using JNA/JNI.
dbIf you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By psx2514 in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-14-2013, 11:07 PM
- By gianluca1979 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 12-15-2011, 03:40 PM
- By Martino in forum Java 2DReplies: 2Last Post: 04-27-2011, 03:33 PM
- By kiregad in forum Java 2DReplies: 1Last Post: 06-16-2010, 12:57 AM