Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Data reading
- 02-24-2013, 09:13 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- Rep Power
I got a question regarding reading data from a file. A pseudo question - what could be a good way to handle reading not-compatible data? The thing is I'll be reading 100+ x 400k+ tables for cluster analysis and there will be cells without a value, or a "?". It will be an excel file, so correct me if I'm wrong, I'll be needing a library for reading the file. If there is no value, I will add the average one after the whole file is loaded. Will the Java Excel library be a good choice?
One last question, if I read a line (String), cut it to pieces with a separator, then start parsing the parts to double, if it's not possible, an exception is thrown and caught, the index is saved in a list, which afterwards is used to place the average values?
- By ashwin kumar in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 06-10-2011, 02:51 PM
- By tyang in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-05-2010, 04:19 AM
- By sandeepsai17 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 08-21-2009, 12:03 PM
- By ramachandran in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-24-2007, 08:22 AM
- By Eric in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 07-05-2007, 07:59 AM