Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 12-25-2012, 11:44 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Dec 2012
- Rep Power
I try to make my first app based on this: Introduction to Developing Web Applications - NetBeans IDE Tutorial
When I run the app I get an ClassNotFoundException. This means, the app builds fine. I can start it and the page is displayed. Only the moment I push the button and another class should be called the exception is created.
I'm pretty sure the problem is with the packages. The manual says: "2.Right-click the Source Packages node and choose New > Java Class. Enter NameHandler in the Class Name text box and type org.mypackage.hello in the Package combo box."
However I don't see a Package combo box. So I ignored this step. Consequently where the example source code contains a package statement mine does not and when I try to add one I'm not sure what package name to use. Some names that I came up with are not accepted, others are accepted, but the error remains.
Can someone please point out where I go wrong and how to fix this or where to find a solution?
- 01-07-2013, 05:07 PM #2
- By pachmarhi in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 09-29-2012, 02:55 PM
- By balaji shan in forum Java ServletReplies: 8Last Post: 01-19-2011, 03:47 PM
- By meprasobh in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 10-17-2010, 03:32 PM
- By jyothi.priyanka in forum NetBeansReplies: 5Last Post: 08-24-2010, 10:13 AM
- By oontvoo in forum Java AppletsReplies: 7Last Post: 05-13-2010, 11:09 PM