Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 12-14-2012, 10:19 PM #1Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jan 2009
- CA, USA
- Rep Power
Auto Updating Application, Self Restart, Etc...
So I'm working on a game. When it starts up it sends a "get version" request to the server, and checks if it's up to date. My question is... if it's not up to date, how can I automatically update the new jar for the client without closing the application OR with closing and restarting the application automatically? Like, if I'm running it from the jar file it's loaded into memory and overwriting that jar file won't affect the current instance? If so, I'd need to run the new one then close the current one? Or what...?
Last edited by AndrewM16921; 12-14-2012 at 10:23 PM.
- By Raspberries in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 12-03-2011, 10:29 PM
- By scnetworks in forum XMLReplies: 1Last Post: 02-22-2011, 05:24 PM
- By dpedroia15 in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 03-02-2010, 10:35 PM
- By Singing Boyo in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-22-2009, 03:49 AM
- By jithan in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2008, 03:31 PM