Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Accessing WPD via MTP (jmtp API)
- 11-08-2012, 04:56 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Rep Power
Accessing WPD via MTP (jmtp API)
As the title says i want to access a Windows Portable Device.
Access in this case means to check wether folders exist, create new folders and transfer files.
As the WPD does not have a drive letter i am currently using the jmtp API
( to be found here jmtp - Java API to access MTP compatible portable media players - Google Project Hosting )
I have got two questions concerning my project (a windows application, not mobile, not web):
1. Am i bound to use an external API or is there anything JAVA internal i am missing?
2. Does anyone experienced with the API know wether it is possible to access folders without creating them or checking wether folders with a certain name do already exist?
thanks in advance
p.s. I have further tried another API ( to be found here: jusbpmp - Java library for USB portable devices - Google Project Hosting ) but return values and practicability seemed rather odd to me. If anyone got suggestions, they are very welcome :).
- 11-09-2012, 05:07 PM #2
- By quazareth in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 04-22-2012, 09:55 AM
- By captainpirate in forum NetworkingReplies: 6Last Post: 01-16-2012, 04:17 PM
- By WizzRD in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 19Last Post: 07-29-2010, 12:20 PM
- By emp in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-23-2009, 04:36 AM
- By FieryProphet in forum NetworkingReplies: 3Last Post: 12-13-2008, 05:29 AM