Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Regex/Selector with Java
- 11-07-2012, 10:22 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Rep Power
Regex/Selector with Java
Apologies in advance - I am an absolute amateur with both Java and Regex/Selector, so if I am a little unclear in explaining myself please forgive me.
If I highlight the entire page, the 'Selector' Text for the part I want to create a Regex/Selector expression for is as follows:
<div class="pagi" id="pages" style="display: none;"><strong>Results <span id="pages_count"></span></strong></div>
The actual text for the 'pages_count' element is "Results 1-50 of 776". Usually I would just use the simplest of expressions and do something like \b776\b i.e. if the number changed, I would be informed. This is probably highly inefficient, and I am sure there are much easier ways of doing this, but as I said, I am an amateur! In this case however the 'Pages_count' section that I would like to monitor with Regex/Selector remains constant, although the underlying data itself i.e. the actual number, in this case 776 is changing due to the Java. Is there a way of using either a Selector/Regex statement to monitor the underlying 'Pages_count' data itself, because currently the data is ever-changing, but because the 'Pages_count' statement itself remains constant, I am not informed of any changes that are made. In what way could I use a Regex/Selector statement to be informed if the 776, changes to 777, for example.
I have searched high and wide for a solution, but the fact that I am an amateur with this most probably hasn't helped me. I do hope however that someone on this forum might be able to help me.
- 11-08-2012, 07:32 AM #2
- By thanhise in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 10-25-2012, 05:45 AM
- By shin_orochi in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 15Last Post: 03-13-2012, 09:48 PM
- By new_Java in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-31-2011, 05:19 AM
- By javaprobie in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 01-25-2011, 04:11 PM
- By CodesAway in forum Java SoftwareReplies: 5Last Post: 02-28-2010, 09:15 PM