Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: String help
- 11-02-2012, 02:18 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2012
- Rep Power
In a program I'm writing, I'm accessing a url that is simply a list of numerical data and "-" in lines separated by commas, i.e.
66-43-221, 5651-5546, ....
66-43-221, 5641-5546, ....
I know how to open the link, use arrays and commas as a splitter to reference various parts of the data, etc., but I'm having a problem. I want to store all of second values (i.e. the 5651-5546) in an array based on having a common first value (i.e. 66-43-221). However, I have no idea what code to use to say "while the first string in the array is the same" all the way down the list. It's not like I can go while (Array.equals(Array). And I can't just write a while loop with .equals("the first number here") because the data sheet has various first values, not just one.
Thanks for your help ahead of time.
- 11-02-2012, 02:23 AM #2
- By emad7105 in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-10-2012, 06:26 PM
- By Thaenor in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 12-15-2011, 12:39 PM
- By Muskar in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 12Last Post: 11-26-2010, 08:33 AM
- By albertkao in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 11-04-2010, 06:53 PM
- By Java Tip in forum Java TipReplies: 0Last Post: 11-20-2007, 04:59 PM