Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: variable data in internet query
- 10-15-2012, 05:42 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- Rep Power
variable data in internet query
I am new to java/html programming.
I would like to pass a variable info( via a function return value) in the internet query
and wondering how could I do that.
e.g This is hard-coded query that I am embedding in my html
instead, I would like to do
<img src="http://www.somesite.com?s=5?d=call_function_that_returns_ string()">
Could you please let me know how could I do that.
Last edited by bkhote; 10-15-2012 at 05:50 PM.
- 10-24-2012, 11:54 PM #2
Re: variable data in internet query
Assuming you're using a web app (jsp + java) then this can be accomplished with simple REST services. Really any http service would do. There are many frameworks for this, or you can write something yourself. In the most primitive form, you can have a simple http server running on the host and process the input manually - this isn't very flexible, extendable, or easy though. Google java REST framework and see whats out there - there are hundreds!
- By Gobi in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 06-25-2011, 04:27 PM
- By altosaxplayer88 in forum NetworkingReplies: 0Last Post: 04-12-2011, 11:11 PM
- By Get_tanked in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 02-01-2011, 03:47 AM
- By cplmckenzie in forum JDBCReplies: 12Last Post: 04-23-2008, 03:24 AM
- By mano in forum New To JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 08-02-2007, 05:30 PM