Results 1 to 3 of 3
- 10-01-2012, 05:00 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2012
- Rep Power
beginner java programmer here with some questions!
im taking a basic java course for business school at my university and i'm trying to work my way through some homework problems. unfortunately, i dont have the best resources available to me as of right now - i dont know anyone in the class, the powerpoint lecture notes are not as detail oriented as id like, and my textbook is somewhat scattered. to make things worse, my professor has yet to respond to my queries...going on 2 days now. my goal is to be fully prepared for the next class.
in any case, one of the homework problems is essentially a list of 10 racecar drivers with laptimes. my goal is to create a program that computes the average speed of all drivers, as well as to compute the mean, and the distance away from the mean each driver is. the dialog box should display 3 lines:
Driver name = ..
Average Speed = ..
Average distance away from mean = ..
im wondering if anyone would be kind enough to take a few minutes to help me understand how i need to go about making this program
any help would be much appreciated!
- 10-01-2012, 03:48 PM #2
Re: beginner java programmer here with some questions!
Which part of this is giving you trouble? I suggest breaking your problem down into smaller steps, then trying to tackle the steps one at a time.
- 10-01-2012, 06:35 PM #3
Re: beginner java programmer here with some questions!If you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.
- By elsenoire in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 04-10-2012, 10:53 AM
- By ITpraca in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 06-21-2011, 09:46 AM
- By MikeJH in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 0Last Post: 06-13-2011, 01:28 PM
- By evanejk in forum New To JavaReplies: 6Last Post: 09-26-2010, 02:25 PM
- By globalhr in forum Jobs OfferedReplies: 10Last Post: 01-05-2010, 04:58 PM