Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Need Implementation Advice
- 09-18-2012, 07:55 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2012
- Rep Power
Need Implementation Advice
I want to code a simple game where the player occupies a position on a grid and can move around the grid using the arrow keys or buttons. I'm working on the grid right now and I'm not sure how best to implement it. I need the grid to be a solid color with a white border around each cell in the grid, and I want to have the option to have 1-2 overlays in each cell (1 overlay to represent the player sprite, 1 overlay to represent an item or what-have-you).
I've been looking at AWT tutorials and I find them really confusing, especially how the different elements are nested in each other. What is the difference between a JPanel and a Container? Should each cell in the grid be a Container? Or is there a better way to implement this?
Thanks in advance! :)
- By addrianbfr in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 2Last Post: 05-10-2012, 09:39 AM
- By Diargg in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 24Last Post: 03-12-2012, 07:28 PM
- By Rituparna in forum Jobs DiscussionReplies: 6Last Post: 03-25-2011, 07:34 PM
- By intrepid604 in forum New To JavaReplies: 7Last Post: 02-16-2011, 06:01 PM
- By awebbtt in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2009, 08:23 PM