Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Requesting UAC
- 08-30-2012, 11:53 PM #1
How can I request for UAC for my application without creating a new .bat file to run my application?
Using the command prompt I think you can use the 'runas' command. I have done some research on how to request UAC when running the jar and it said something about the application manifest.
I have no idea how to implement it into the jar.
I think I need to implement this:<requestedExecutionLevel
Can anyone help me request UAC using my application?
Edit: If you are wondering, I am trying to make a folder in c:/Program Files/ .
Last edited by PhQ; 08-31-2012 at 04:04 AM. Reason: Added more info.
- 08-31-2012, 04:02 AM #2
Re: Requesting UAC
I have followed this: UAC Prompt From Java: CreateProcess error=740, The requested operation requires elevation (ShellExecuteEx Runas Example) - Mark S. Kolich
but it still doesn't work.
I might be doing it wrong.
Is there an easier way to do it?
Damn you, Microsoft.
- By EscSequenceAlpha in forum New To JavaReplies: 16Last Post: 05-29-2012, 05:36 PM
- By ruben381 in forum New To JavaReplies: 5Last Post: 04-27-2012, 05:07 AM
- By Zeramat in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 06-16-2011, 06:59 AM
- By aadem in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 03-16-2011, 10:01 PM
- By antdilla22 in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 09-13-2009, 11:44 PM