Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Happypanda is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    I need to print text so there will be a box around it.
    I can only use basic variables and commands that were used in a basic hello app. Any help will be very helpful.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN CLEARLY

    Here is my current code the only thing that i need to change is that when I run it, it should have boxes around both the first two print lines and Name.

    public class JPennyLane
    {
    public static void main(String[] theory)
    {
    System.out.println("\t\t Ventura Cunty Community College District" );
    System.out.println("\t\t\t Ventura College" );
    System.out.println("\n\t\t\t\t CS V40" );
    System.out.println("\t\t\t Summer of 2012" );
    System.out.println("\t\t\t\t Name" );
    System.out.println("\n\n\n\n\t\t\t I got it... I got it... I got it..\n\n\t");

    }


    }
    Last edited by Happypanda; 06-24-2012 at 05:30 AM.

  2. #2
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happypanda View Post
    PLEASE EXPLAIN CLEARLY
    Please have a seat and help yourself to some coffee and donuts while we try to whip up your clear explanation for you.

  3. #3
    Happypanda is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    Quote Originally Posted by Fubarable View Post
    Please have a seat and help yourself to some coffee and donuts while we try to whip up your clear explanation for you.

    If you do know how to do it please let me know. Or maybe tell me where I can find some explanations.

    I'm really desperate at the moment.

    Thanks a bunch,

    Happypanda

  4. #4
    Happypanda is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    Someone please help.

  5. #5
    Happypanda is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    I need to present this project in two days please someone help! If you help me in 2 hours I will give you a link to the cutest thing ever.

  6. #6
    JosAH's Avatar
    JosAH is online now Moderator
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Voorschoten, the Netherlands
    Posts
    13,458
    Blog Entries
    7
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happypanda View Post
    I need to present this project in two days please someone help! If you help me in 2 hours I will give you a link to the cutest thing ever.
    How do you know the URL of my website?

    kind regards,

    Jos
    cenosillicaphobia: the fear for an empty beer glass

  7. #7
    DarrylBurke's Avatar
    DarrylBurke is online now Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Madgaon, Goa, India
    Posts
    11,202
    Rep Power
    19

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    Quote Originally Posted by Happypanda View Post
    I need to print text so there will be a box around it.
    I can only use basic variables and commands that were used in a basic hello app. Any help will be very helpful.
    PLEASE EXPLAIN CLEARLY

    Here is my current code the only thing that i need to change is that when I run it, it should have boxes around both the first two print lines and Name.

    public class JPennyLane
    {
    public static void main(String[] theory)
    {
    System.out.println("\t\t Ventura Cunty Community College District" );
    System.out.println("\t\t\t Ventura College" );
    System.out.println("\n\t\t\t\t CS V40" );
    System.out.println("\t\t\t Summer of 2012" );
    System.out.println("\t\t\t\t Name" );
    System.out.println("\n\n\n\n\t\t\t I got it... I got it... I got it..\n\n\t");

    }


    }
    Forum Rules
    Guide For New Members
    BB Code List - Java Programming Forum

    db
    If you're forever cleaning cobwebs, it's time to get rid of the spiders.

  8. #8
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

    Default Re: Help with boxing text inside of java console.

    You've yet to explain your problem "clearly". What do you mean by a box around the text.

    Also a slight suggestion: when asking for free advice from volunteers, try not to put stipulations in that request (i.e., about explaining clearly). Folks will try to be clear in their answers, but it's up to you to ask appropriate follow-up questions if *you* are unsure of the advice given.

Similar Threads

  1. I want to put text outputs in the GUI console.
    By illinit in forum New To Java
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-19-2011, 11:21 PM
  2. How To Get Text From The Console
    By anthropamorphic in forum New To Java
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-15-2011, 12:48 AM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-12-2011, 07:26 PM
  4. Combo box trouble turning into a boxing match with java
    By Embercloud in forum New To Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 03:46 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •