Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Positioning text in a frame
- 06-21-2012, 01:43 AM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Rep Power
Positioning text in a frame
I am having difficulties with positioning text in a frame. I've digged Google, but I'm not sure if I search the right stuff.
I'm trying to make a very basic Notepad copy, but working out that Font extra window is harder than I thought. Into that window I would only add the "Font style" and "Size" options. I think I could handle JList, but that plain text is giving me a headache. I tried to change the location of the JPanel output, but it seems to print the text in the middle of the window by default.
Forgive me if it was a totally unacceptable approach... I'm still kinda learning the basics :)
Any help is appreciated!
Re: Positioning text in a frame
It sounds as if you would benefit by reviewing the Swing layout managers tutorial and play with different nested layouts.
- By Javasubbu in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 12-02-2011, 05:16 PM
- By aborgeld in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 04-01-2011, 08:33 PM
- By AnimeKitty in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 07-23-2010, 11:55 AM
- By Psyclone in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 02-08-2010, 01:03 AM
- By shwein in forum New To JavaReplies: 4Last Post: 09-09-2008, 06:15 PM