Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: query on search engine
- 06-08-2012, 10:57 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Jun 2012
- Rep Power
query on search engine
I have done core java before. I want to build a search engine that on entering "name" gives a bunch of data on the result page. I want to gather all data(name, age, pic, and all basic information which google provides in different links, but nothing too personal) and display on result page. I want to work with java and sql server(2000 maybe). I have not done anything advanced in java or sql, and I want to finish this in 3 weeks on 6 hour/daily basis. There are many topics I haven't read before. I so need to make an outline for this, so I can confidently steadily pour time at right place only.
2. I will write code in java and connect to sql. That should do. So, what topics I need to cover in Java for this? I do have an idea, but your suggestions wil make me confident and also help in creating outline.
3. There are couple of tools/APIs mentioned in other threads here and other forums. Hard to decide. Do you have any suggestion for APIs or tools I can modify ? Is this better or I shall stick to my database and write my own java code ?
Feel free to give any suggestions or ask any questions.
I am already reading and working, but not in much planned manner.
Thank You for your time.
Last edited by maxrider11; 06-08-2012 at 11:01 PM. Reason: improve clarity
- By muxika in forum Java ServletReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2012, 02:06 AM
- By shahid0627 in forum Forum LobbyReplies: 1Last Post: 05-18-2010, 12:26 AM
- By samanthamaryhorgan in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 02-13-2010, 01:40 PM
- By semoche in forum Enterprise JavaBeans (EJB)Replies: 3Last Post: 12-07-2009, 09:41 AM
- By SSam Varghese in forum Java ServletReplies: 5Last Post: 01-05-2008, 09:26 AM