Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By doWhile

Thread: Image to Code

  1. #1
    RTP_123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Image to Code

    I was wondering if anyone knows how to convert an image (.jpeg or .png file) into a code, for ready to program.

  2. #2
    Norm's Avatar
    Norm is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern Florida
    Posts
    17,812
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Can you explain what you are trying to do?
    If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.

  3. #3
    RTP_123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    Can you explain what you are trying to do?
    I want to take an image, i.e downloaded from the internet, and convert it into a code which will display that image on the output console, all on Ready to Program

  4. #4
    doWhile is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,641
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Quote Originally Posted by RTP_123 View Post
    I want to take an image, i.e downloaded from the internet, and convert it into a code which will display that image on the output console, all on Ready to Program
    By output console, Do you mean the command line? What is 'Ready to Program'? You shouldn't assume we all know what you are talking about, and should explain your problem as detailed and concise as possible...maybe I'm the only one but I've got no clue as to your requirements at this point.
    yellowledbet likes this.

  5. #5
    Norm's Avatar
    Norm is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern Florida
    Posts
    17,812
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Sounds like you might need to learn to program in java. Here is a good link you can use to pick the topics you want to leaarn about:
    The Really Big Index
    If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.

  6. #6
    RTP_123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Quote Originally Posted by doWhile View Post
    By output console, Do you mean the command line? What is 'Ready to Program'? You shouldn't assume we all know what you are talking about, and should explain your problem as detailed and concise as possible...maybe I'm the only one but I've got no clue as to your requirements at this point.
    Thank you for trying to help but if you don't know what ready to program is I don't see how you can. I don't mean to be rude by saying this, i simply mean that Ready to program is the IDE I'm using, and if you have never even heard of it I don't know what you could do to help. I do appreciate your time though, and i apologize if my question was too vague. Ready To Program is a beginner's level IDE created by Holt Software Associates. What i want to do is to find, and download a picture on the internet. Then, what I want to do is, go to a website, or something of the sort, and have the image be analyzed, pixel by pixel, and I want the website to convert this picture into a code. I want to place this code into "Ready To Program" and have it display the picture in the output console, which is the place the program is run.

    If anyone can help, even if the answer is that there is nothing of the sort, I would greatly appreciate it.

  7. #7
    Norm's Avatar
    Norm is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern Florida
    Posts
    17,812
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Are you trying to learn how to write a program in java?
    Most IDEs are tools to help you write a program, but you have to know the language to be able to write the program.

    Are you expecting your "IDE" to build a program and execute it without you having to learn java?

    I have never heard of converting an image into source code in any language. Are you talking about character recognition? The image is a screen shot of a program's source.
    If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.

  8. #8
    RTP_123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Image to Code

    I don't want it to write the program, I want a website or some other program that will create a graphic from a picture, but i suppose such a utility does not exist, thank you for your time

  9. #9
    Norm's Avatar
    Norm is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern Florida
    Posts
    17,812
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Image to Code

    create a graphic from a picture
    What is a graphic vs a picture? If they were files on a PC, what kind of files would they be?
    If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.

  10. #10
    doWhile is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    California
    Posts
    1,641
    Rep Power
    7

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Quote Originally Posted by RTP_123 View Post
    Thank you for trying to help but if you don't know what ready to program is I don't see how you can. I don't mean to be rude by saying this, i simply mean that Ready to program is the IDE I'm using, and if you have never even heard of it I don't know what you could do to help. I do appreciate your time though, and i apologize if my question was too vague. Ready To Program is a beginner's level IDE created by Holt Software Associates. What i want to do is to find, and download a picture on the internet. Then, what I want to do is, go to a website, or something of the sort, and have the image be analyzed, pixel by pixel, and I want the website to convert this picture into a code. I want to place this code into "Ready To Program" and have it display the picture in the output console, which is the place the program is run.

    If anyone can help, even if the answer is that there is nothing of the sort, I would greatly appreciate it.
    I guess I cannot help , given I've never heard of that IDE. And given this seems to be an IDE specific problem, you should ask in your IDE specific forum or support. I do however recommend breaking the problem down to java specific questions, and IDE specific questions. Downloading an image is easy (see the ImageIO.read method). How to render that image in your IDE is a question specific for your IDE support forum/team.

  11. #11
    RTP_123 is offline Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Re: Image to Code

    Quote Originally Posted by Norm View Post
    What is a graphic vs a picture? If they were files on a PC, what kind of files would they be?
    I have realized that the wording of my previous questions has been cumbersome, as such i apologize. Plainly what i want to do is input a .jpg file into my code, and have it shown when i run my program.
    please tell me if i have not explained it sufficiently, and i will attempt to further explain.

  12. #12
    Fubarable's Avatar
    Fubarable is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    19,316
    Blog Entries
    1
    Rep Power
    26

  13. #13
    Norm's Avatar
    Norm is offline Moderator
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Eastern Florida
    Posts
    17,812
    Rep Power
    25

    Default Re: Image to Code

    input a .jpg file into my code, and have it shown when i run my program.
    There are many ways to read an image file from disk and show it.
    One of the easiest is to use the JLabel and an ImageIcon classes.
    If you don't understand my response, don't ignore it, ask a question.

Similar Threads

  1. Java - Image Rotation - How to use this code?
    By cvillejin in forum New To Java
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-03-2011, 08:38 PM
  2. Code for image to binary
    By Deva in forum New To Java
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-24-2009, 05:48 PM
  3. converting image to binary code n vice versa
    By nupurashi in forum Advanced Java
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 08:27 PM
  4. Sample Code to Scan an Image
    By LankanSniper in forum Advanced Java
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-24-2009, 03:54 PM
  5. image to byte code file conversion
    By nupurashi in forum New To Java
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-28-2009, 11:25 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •