Results 1 to 2 of 2
- 05-30-2012, 11:07 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
- Rep Power
[help me] - Java programming, running console commands in the background
Heey, im new to the java fourms and new to java programming so im more than likely to mess up alot.
i was wondering how and if it is possible to write up a program where when you run the program it
runs a console command in the background.
- What code do i need and how would i write it? any exaples?
-Would i need to import anything if so, what?
Note; im running MAC OS X LION, but i want it to be able to run a command in the background for when the program is ran on a PC.
Re: [help me] - Java programming, running console commands in the background
Can you clarify just what it is you're trying to do? What do you mean by "run a console command in the background"? Just what is a "console command"? What command or commands do you mean? Background to what? And you want your code to work for both Windows and Macs? What is the overall purpose of this program you propose to create?
- By testkiranpgp in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 04-13-2012, 12:41 PM
- By nikhidas in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2011, 08:24 PM
- By leoanto in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 03-26-2011, 03:57 PM
- By merik in forum New To JavaReplies: 9Last Post: 11-17-2010, 04:09 PM
- By postaholic066 in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 09-10-2008, 03:47 PM