Results 1 to 2 of 2
Thread: Running code on GPUs
- 05-14-2012, 10:12 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- May 2010
- Rep Power
- 05-15-2012, 01:07 AM #2
Re: Running code on GPUs
Simple? Nope! GPU programming is very complex and is all based on linear algebra and other more exotic maths. Programs don't run faster just because they are executed on a GPU - GPUs accelerate complex matrix operations because that is what GPUs do - perform vector math on huge data sets using massive parallelism.
That being said, yes you can use a GPU to execute code with java, and it just so happens that the LWJGL now supports OpenCL bindings for this purpose.
- By cc11rocks in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 1Last Post: 02-12-2011, 06:36 PM
- By socboy6579 in forum New To JavaReplies: 11Last Post: 10-26-2010, 04:07 AM
- By peterhabe in forum Advanced JavaReplies: 14Last Post: 07-23-2010, 10:02 PM
- By girishkumar in forum New To JavaReplies: 16Last Post: 03-16-2010, 05:45 PM