Results 1 to 1 of 1
Thread: Question on Frames.
- 04-24-2012, 11:25 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Apr 2012
- Rep Power
Question on Frames.
I will come out and say it: this is a project for school. I am not asking for source code to be given to me. Just general help.
I already did one assignment where i had to populate a menu bar using JFrames. Okie Dokie!
Second assignment asks me to use Frames and basically do the same thing by adding a menu bar and subItems to it.
I have emailed the professor on my misunderstanding between the two, and he just reiterated that one you use JFrames, the other assignment just use Frames.
I can't find any information on building a menu bar using Frames, just JFrames. My question to this community:
1.) What is the difference between the two? I know JFrames is backwards compatible and Frames are not. (The bulk of the information I have learned from 'googling' quite some time.)
2.) How is adding a menu bar and the subsequent items different from adding them to a Frame?
Thank you to everybody in advance.
- By rev_ollie in forum New To JavaReplies: 12Last Post: 09-05-2011, 11:22 PM
- By giorgi in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 2Last Post: 05-04-2011, 08:45 PM
- By vasug in forum JavaServer Pages (JSP) and JSTLReplies: 1Last Post: 04-16-2010, 05:00 PM
- By skatefreak in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 08-09-2009, 10:21 AM
- By ramesh.8189 in forum AWT / SwingReplies: 14Last Post: 02-15-2009, 09:12 AM