Results 1 to 1 of 1
- 03-29-2012, 09:35 PM #1Member
- Join Date
- Mar 2012
- Rep Power
I've been looking around for a concrete definition of polymorphism existing in Java. I know that one type of polymorphism comes in the form of over-riding and overloading methods. But for dynamic polymorphism - is it basically when a variable is declared as a superclass type which gives it the ability to take on any other types in the class hierarchy and then later on in the code type cast the variable as a desired subclass?
Any clarification is appreciated.
- By dejulial in forum New To JavaReplies: 1Last Post: 03-06-2012, 07:14 PM
- By nfsmwbe in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 01-16-2012, 02:15 PM
- By N00Bie in forum New To JavaReplies: 10Last Post: 02-15-2011, 04:42 PM
- By blug in forum New To JavaReplies: 3Last Post: 10-11-2010, 10:35 AM
- By christina in forum New To JavaReplies: 2Last Post: 08-05-2007, 10:29 PM